The Power of Proteomics: Current Status, Applications and Future Developments
Friday, November 8, 2019 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Mann Hall, Medical Sciences Building
Mayo Clinic Rochester
Webcast to Mayo AZ &FL
Beverages and lunch provided
The Proteomics Core will present an informational workshop to update attendees about the current services provided by the Proteomics Core Facility and discuss novel technological developments. New services that we plan to provide in the near future will also be discussed. This informational workshop is targeted towards students, postdoctoral fellows, residents, fellows, research staff and principal investigators and is meant to be highly interactive with significant opportunities for Q&A.
The workshop will include sessions that will cover the following areas:
- Current capability and services and select research highlights – Daniel McCormick, Ph.D.
- Overview of novel technologies and potential applications – Akhilesh Pandey, M.D., Ph.D.
- Deep proteomics, multiplexed proteomics (TMT labeling), metabolic labeling (SILAC), rare cell proteomics and immunopeptidome analysis
- Protein-protein interactions including BioID and APEX
- Post-translational modifications including phosphorylation, ubiquitylation and glycosylation
- High-throughput differential proteomic analysis
- Laser capture microdissection (LCM) and proteomic analysis of paraffin (FFPE) blocks
- Serum/plasma proteomics
- Advances in data-independent acquisition (DIA) analysis
- Targeted analysis and quantitation using multiple reaction monitoring
- Relative versus absolute quantitation in proteomics
- Proteomics in the era of multi-omics data: opportunities and challenges
For additional information: Mayo Clinic intranet